[Mailman-Users] Unable to unsubscribe

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 27 01:10:16 EST 2016

On 02/26/2016 09:26 PM, Ibrahim Jarif wrote:
> The mail I got after subscribing to this list mentioned
> " To unsubscribe send email at mailman-users-remove at python.org"
>
> Gmail reports that delivery to this email has failed permanently. "
> mailman-users-remove at python.org does not exist"

If you still have that email, I'd like to see it to figure out where it
came from.

The ways to request unsubscription from this list by email are by
sending any email message From: your subscribed address to either
mailman-users-leave at python.org or mailman-users-unsubscribe at python.org
or by sending an email message with an appropriate "unsubscribe" command
in the Subject: or body to mailman-users-request at python.org.

As gmail said, mailman-users-remove at python.org is not a valid address.

The following header is in every post sent from this list:

See
<http://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%202.1%20Members%20Manual#A5.2_How_do_I_leave_a_list.3F_.28unsubscribe.29>
for more.