[Mailman-Users] scrub of PDF files

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 26 14:40:23 EST 2016

On 02/26/2016 07:53 AM, George Mager wrote:
> I administer a mailman list server for my community association.  I have two issues:
>
> 1. I never see a return copy of messages I send to the list.

Answered in other replies.

> 2. Messages with attachments of type application/pdf are evidently being scrubbed.  How do I allow attached PDF files to be forwarded to the list.

If you mean PDFs are removed by content filtering, add

application/pdf

and perhaps also

application/nappdf
application/x-pdf

to Content filtering -> pass_mime_types

If you mean PDF's are being removed from plain text format digests and
posts in the list archive, stored aside and replaced by links to the
stored aside file, you can't change that. PDF's are not plain text so
they can't be included inline in a plain text digest or the archive. If
this 'scrubbing' also occurs in individual list messages and MIME format
digests it's because the list's Non-digest options -> scrub_nondigest
setting is Yes.