[Mailman-Users] HyperKitty and Mailman V2

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Feb 26 12:06:02 EST 2016

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > On 02/25/2016 09:40 AM, The Mailing List System Admin wrote:
 > > HyperKitty looks really good.  The scription says...
 > >
 > > "HyperKitty is a Django-based application providing a web interface to
 > >  access GNU Mailman v3 archives, and interact with the lists."
 > >
 > > Does anybody know off hand if there is there any reason it couldn't be
 > > used with Mailman V2?
 >
 > HyperKitty communicates with the Mailman 3 core engine via a RESTful API
 > which doesn't exist in MM 2.x.

Yeah, that pretty well means out-of-the-box compatibility is out of
the question.  But I wonder how much of the RESTful API is needed?

I don't plan to look at this soon (and maybe not at all with GSoC
looming), so I'm posting to -users only.  But in case somebody else
wants to discuss, it should go to -developers.  Reply-To is set.