[Mailman-Users] Mailman owner delivery

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Feb 22 17:51:47 EST 2016

On Feb 22, 2016, at 5:40 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 02/22/2016 01:51 PM, Bryan Blackwell wrote:
>> I found one little thing that
>> doesn't.  Held message e-mails going to the -owner addresses have a
>> strange issue.  I have "list-help" aliases for all my lists, and the
>> MM list owners are set to those addresses.
>

> Do you mean that you have an additional per-list alias like
>
> LISTNAME-help:   "|/path/to/mailman/mail/mailman owner LISTNAME"
>
> Or do you mean something else?

Something else.  In the system alias file I have:

LISTNAME-help: bryan, dennis at foo.com, matt at bar.com

The Mailman List Owner points to that.  I get the messages, but Dennis and Matt do not.

>> I've verified that the
>> aliases work, and deliver mail to all the folks on the alias if I
>> just send a message.  However, Mailman -owner mail only comes to me
>> (I'm the first address on the list and local to the box).  I can find
>> no errors in the logs, it all looks like it's working (status=sent).
>

> Does the postfix log say for mail to mailman-owner
>
> status=sent (delivered to command: /path/to/mailman/mail/mailman owner
> mailman)
>
> or something else. If it delivers as above, Mailman should then resend
> the mail to all addresses listed as owner or moderator of the mailman
> list. Is this not happening?

That's just what I'm getting.  No errors, it appears to deliver to the system alias but the alias never gets expanded.  The system alias otherwise works as expected, it's something specific to the MM -owner mail.

--Bryan