[Mailman-Users] web interface for sync_members redux

Fri Feb 12 15:41:01 EST 2016

Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> recently wrote, in part...

> See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030648> and the members.c
> program attached...

Thanks for the reference.

> The issue with the members.c approach is it has no good way to do
> the authentication and neither does the calling CGI or PHP script.

I see your point.  Perhaps I can approach this from a different angle.
It would be easy for me to authenticate the owner against our LDAP.  I
just have to tie the LDAP account to the list, and I can do that by
email address.  And of course I need to make it clear to the owner
that they are using their local UNH account credentials, not their
Mailman credentials.  This seems doable given the tools I have on hand
and members.c program as a launching pad.

Once again, thanks for your help!

--
                                   Cordially,