[Mailman-Users] postfix to mailman: User doesn't exist/relay access denied

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 9 12:48:08 EST 2016

On 02/09/2016 04:43 AM, walter at ifkuk.org wrote:
> dovecot/postfix/mailman
>
> when I try to send from an internal emailaddress (managed by the
> serveritself) I get an "User doesn't exist" error
> if I send an email from an external service like gmail, I get "relay
> access denied".

Please post the Postfix /var/log/mail.log messages resulting from each
of these failed delivery scenarios (1 set per scenario).

> /etc/postfix/main.conf

Looks OK offhand. The output from 'postconf -n' tells us all we need and
is much more readable.

> virtual_alias_domains =

Maybe something here?

> virtual_alias_maps = proxy:pgsql:/etc/postfix/pgsql-virtual_forwardings.cf,pgsql:/etc/postfix/pgsql-virtual_email2email.cf,hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
> virtual_email2email = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

What is this? virtual_email2email is not a documented Postfix main.cf
parameter?

> /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py
> #-------------------------------------------------------------
> # Uncomment if you use Postfix virtual domains (but not
> # postfix-to-mailman.py), but be sure to see
> # /usr/share/doc/mailman/README.Debian first.
> MTA='Postfix'

Good.

> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.ifkuk.org']

Good.

> /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

Looks OK

> /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman