[Mailman-Users] SOLVED! Missing data/heldmsg-* files (was Re: After migrating list to new server, config.pck database gets truncated by web UI)

Jay Sekora jsekora at csail.mit.edu
Thu Dec 29 11:38:11 EST 2016

Naturally, I was fighting with this for hours, and answered my own
question a few minutes after sending my query.  It looks like I need to
copy the relevant heldmsg-$LISTNAME-* files from /var/lib/mailman/data
along with the request.pck database.  Apparently, when the CGI script
queries the request database, it gets and displays all the entries
there, but also notices which entries don't have corresponding heldmsg
files and deletes them.

Oh, well, maybe this question being in the list archives will mean the
next person will have more success than I did googling to troubleshoot.

With those files copied as well, everything's looking OK.

Jay

--
Jay Sekora
Linux system administrator and postmaster,