[Mailman-Users] Root URL / vs /listinfo?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 11 17:56:31 EST 2016

On 12/11/2016 02:10 PM, Caesar Samsi wrote:

> I have two installations of mailman.
>
> One is version 2.1.18 the other is version 2.1.23
>
> Both apache2.conf, 000-default.conf, default-ssl.conf, and mailman.conf have the same content (they were copied), except for the relevant host specific entries.

> I’ve tried many things in the RedirectPermanent directive but nothing seems to work to get the 2.1.23 to resolve to /
>
> This happens when I try to reach mailman with http://mail.mydomain.com/

When you go to http://mail.mydomain.com/, where do you wind up? I.e.,
whats the URL in the address bar of your browser, and is the resultant
page an actual page or a 404?

What happens if you go to https://mail.mydomain.com/?

As far as apache2.conf, 000-default.conf, default-ssl.conf, and
mailman.conf having the same content, that may or may not be correct
depending on whether or not there are any directives therein which
contain explicit hostnames.

What other, host specific configuration do you have? (files linked from
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ if this is Debian/Ubuntu)