[Mailman-Users] Configure options not known

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 6 13:45:32 EST 2016

On 12/06/2016 09:21 AM, Matt Morgan wrote:

> run 'configure' with the same options you used in your previous install
>
> I don't know, nor does anyone else at this org, what options may have been
> used to configure the 2.1.12 install. Is there a way to figure it out? Or
> some way to determine what I might want? If I get them wrong, is there a
> way to know that and recover?

The most likely options that might have been other than defaults are
--prefix, --with-var-prefix, --with-mail-gid, --with-cgi-gid,
--with-mailhost and --with-urlhost.

You can run './configure --help' for the full list.

You can tell what to set for --prefix and maybe --with-var-prefix if
different by looking at where things are in your current install.

--with-mailhost and --with-urlhost set the values of DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
and DEFAULT_URL_HOST respectively in Defaults.py.

--with-mail-gid and --with-cgi-gid set the expected groups that the MTA
will invoke the mail wrapper with and the web server will invoke the web
CGIs with respectively. See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030645>. You can
run strings on your existing mail/mailman and cgi-bin/* wrappers to get
a clue if you don't know.

'--with-cgi-ext=.ext'

If by any chance you have the original unpack directory, the command was
logged in config.log