[Mailman-Users] Temporarily Disable a List

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Dec 2 11:14:48 EST 2016

On 12/02/2016 07:00 AM, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
>> From: Mailman-Users On Behalf Of Anilkumar Padmaraju
>>
>> What is the best way to temporarily disable a list in mailman.  Later if
>> needed want to enable back.
>
> You can turn on emergency moderation.

That may or may not do what you want depending on what that is.

Please define what you mean by 'disable'. I.e.:

archives still accessible? private or public?

what happens to mail to list at example.com? rejected, discarded, held for
moderation?

what happens to mail to list-*@example.com?

web listinfo page still accessible?

In other words do you want it to appear the list never existed or just
not allow posts or something in between?