[Mailman-Users] Debugging mass invitations using web page interface...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 27 10:48:30 EDT 2016

On 08/27/2016 03:16 AM, The Mailing List Server Admin wrote:

> So when Apache timed out, would it have killed the admin CGI on the
> way out?  In other words, would the admin script still run to
> completion and send out all the invitations from that batch?  Or is it
> most likely to have been a partial run?  Am I correct that the only
> place I will find a record of the invitations sent will be in the
> Sendmail mail logs?  I'd like to avoid sending dup invites if
> possible.

When Apache times out, it kills the CGI process. The process meanwhile
has been queueing the invitations to be sent, so a bunch will be sent.

You could use the script at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending> to list the pending
subscriptions. Some may have been accepted already, so the fact that one
isn't there doesn't mean it wasn't sent, but if you know the order from
the original input, you can probably figure how far it got.