[Mailman-Users] Hire consultant to install Mailman 3 on Dreamhost

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 26 14:53:03 EDT 2016

On 08/26/2016 09:17 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Also, Postorius (and possibly HyperKitty) are going to have to undergo
> substantial upgrades in the near future, because they currently use
> Mozilla Persona for authentication.  We've decided what to do about
> that and the work is underway (and looks straightforward to me), but
> it's still going to mean an upgrade in the near future if you install
> now.

Actually, the switch from Persona to Django allauth has been completed
in the heads of the GitLab branches. I have tested this locally and will
be upgrading MM 3 on lists.mailman3.org and mail.python.org soon (I'ts a
bit more complicated that my usual upgrades because there are config
changes required because of the switch to allauth.)

Still, most users considering MM 3 would probably do best by waiting for
the official MM 3.1 release.

> So, production?  Yes, with care.  Turnkey for the general audience?
> Not yet.

+1