[Mailman-Users] AOL rejecting connections from mailman servers for DMARC Munging.

Steve Wehr steve at tunedinweb.com
Thu Aug 25 09:01:33 EDT 2016

I recently have been fighting AOL over this exact same thing. To solve it I
contacted AOL via their postmaster page and opened a ticket. They got back
to me and said they "made some changes to their handling of mail from my IP
address."

I had been using mailman to send to AOL users for over a decade, so I didn't
change anything in mailman. After about 2-3 weeks AOL has now stopped
rejecting mailman emails.

In the interim, I used Mark Sapiro's script to reset the moderation bits on
all AOL users, encased in a little shell script I wrote:

#!/bin/bash

# This script resets the bounce bits for certain users in ALL lists.
#
# Run this script as ROOT
for listname in $(ls /var/lib/mailman/lists/);
do
   echo Resetting bounce bits in list $listname
   # Reset bounce bits for only AOL.COM members.
   /usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist -r reset_bounce $listname -d aol.com
done;

Hope this is helpful.

Steve Wehr
Tunedin Web Design