[Mailman-Users] AOL rejecting connections from mailman servers for DMARC Munging.

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Aug 25 05:54:07 EDT 2016

Robert Heller writes:

 > Cc: headers. Eg if the address in the From: is also in the To: OR
 > Cc: headers, AOL might reject the E-Mail. (This would be seriously
 > dumb and effectively make AOL an impossible E-Mail destination to
 > deliver any E-Mail to.)

Bcc....

But yes, I agree.  The solution is to be a friend, and friends don't
let friends use AOL. ;-)  Yes, I know, you have to pry their AOL from
their cold dead fingers and all that.  The thing is, that with AOL
it's just one thing after another.  While it's definitely possible to
deliver some email to AOL, any given email might be refused for
reasons that you can't predict.  We can't protect our users from their
own service providers. :-(

BTW, the OP already said that his setting for reply-to is Poster, so
something we haven't figured out yet seems to be happening here. :-(

Steve