[Mailman-Users] Confirmation Page not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 21 21:29:42 EDT 2016

On 08/21/2016 06:16 PM, Caesar Samsi wrote:
> The raw source is <FORM action="http://mail.yugi.us/confirm/seattlegigs"
> method="POST” >
>
> The browser URL is https://mail.yugi.us/confirm/seattlegigs
>
> Apart from http and https prefixes they are identical.
>
> Is it due to the difference of SSL?

YES!

> Per noted wiki, I enabled SSL using (Rewrite method)
> https://wiki.list.org/DOC/4.27%20Securing%20Mailman%27s%20web%20GUI%20by%20using%20Secure%20HTTP-SSL

But you need to do steps 2 and 3.

I.e., you need to put

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

in mm_cfg.py and then if all your lists are all in the DEFAULT_URL_HOST
domain, run Mailman's

bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url

If you have lists in other web domains, you will have to run

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url listname -u list_web_domain

for each such listname.

See steps 2 and 3 in the above FAQ.