[Mailman-Users] mailman archive not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 17 23:50:26 EDT 2016

On 08/09/2016 06:51 PM, Caesar Samsi wrote:

> When I access the archive via a browser, it shows “Forbidden”
>
> When I check /var/lib/mailman/archives/public they are all symlinks to /var/lib/mailman/archives/private which I assume are not allowed to be read.

It is correct that /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/* are symlinks to
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/*.

/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/ must be searchable by the web server
user. It must be either mode o+x (i.e. drwxrws--x) or owned by the web
server user. See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node9.html>.

If that isn't the answer, see
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html>.