[Mailman-Users] -owner being appended to welcome or goodbye recipients

Steve Kirk steve at unixnation.net
Thu Aug 4 13:39:07 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm having a slightly odd problem with mailman 2.1.22 + postfix 3.0.2 in
that the list "goodbye" message, and I think also the “welcome" message
appear to have "-owner" appended to the destination address.

For example, the recipient of the goodbye message will be
<subscriber_email>-owner at example.com which of course doesn’t exist.

Any obvious places I can check or pointers as to what might be wrong?
I'm assuming I've misconfigured something but am missing what that might
be. I’m not really getting any hits searching the mailing list archives
for this issue. I should add that mail to the lists works fine, as does
a mail to <listname>-owner for example.

Cheers,
Steve