[Mailman-Users] RBL Management for new list/IP

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Mon Apr 25 07:41:09 EDT 2016

Hello,

This is not so much a technical question as advice seeking. My apologies
if it isn't appropriate for this list.

I am new to mailing list management, though not new to mail server
management. I've never run into this problem.

Background is that I am tasked with creating an announcement list for a
group. I'm using a dedicated IPv4 which I have controlled for two months
and not previously used for outgoing email. I have not idea what its
prior "reputation" was. Mailman settings are pretty much default. I have
proper SPF and rDNS records.

We have added just short of 1000 members, all by their request at the
web interface. A few test messages went out about 4-5 days ago. Since
then the only outgoing mails have been signup confirmations and messages
to me as list owner.

Despite the relatively low volume, my IP keeps getting listed at
Spamhaus CSS (https://www.spamhaus.org/css/). I can manually de-list it
but it seems as though whenever we send out any mail we get re-listed. I
have tried contacting them but gotten nowhere.

The only other RBL where we are listed is http://www.dnsblchile.org/. I
put in a de-listing request with them over the weekend but they only
work during the week.

Has anyone dealt with this, and if so, can you offer any ideas?

--
Jim Ohlstein

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the
difference." - Mark Twain