[Mailman-Users] New user - SMTP failure

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 21 11:06:12 EDT 2016

On 04/20/2016 08:29 PM, Jim Ohlstein wrote:

> I see this in logs/smtp-failure:
>
> Apr 20 23:07:27 2016 (19197) Low level smtp error: [Errno 61] Connection
> refused, msgid: <mailman.0.1461205537.18941.c2-list at lists.my.domain>
> Apr 20 23:07:27 2016 (19197) delivery to my at email.address failed with
> code -1: [Errno 61] Connection refused
> I'm at a loss as to where to look next. Thanks for any input.

See the FAQ at <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030716>. Towards the bottom you
will see how to enable smtplib debugging. Do that, and see what
additional info you get.

I suspect that this is related to the jail somehow.

I also suspect you won't get much additional info from the debug output.
If there is no 'connect' logged in Postfix, you aren't even getting that
far. If you can connect from the jail manually via telnet as the Mailman
user, it must be something to do with how the jail treats the
OutgoingRunner process. If you can't, then that's the problem.