[Mailman-Users] My first time setting up mailman, some misc questions/comments

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Apr 15 15:37:00 EDT 2016

At Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:12:07 -0400 "Sean McBride" <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Another comment and question if I may:
>
> 1) The mailman-install.pdf has text like this:
>
> ------------
> Add this to the bottom of the `$prefix/Mailman/mm cfg.py' file:
>   MTA = `Postfix'
> ------------
>
> It would be nice to be able to copy-paste that exactly, but alas the pdf use
> smart quotes, which is of course not what Python wants.

There really should be a *plain text* INSTALL (and/or README) file for just
this purpose.  The mailman 2.1.16 RPM I built for EL5 includes a
INSTALL.REDHAT in /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.16/ as well as several README's
and a FAQ file.  There is also a mailman-admin.txt file in
/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.16/admin/doc/ and a mailman-install.txt file in
/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.16/admin/doc/.  I expect that the *plain text*
files have plain old ASCII quotes.

I don't know if newer versions of Mailman include these 'text' files or not.
I expect that they do.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933