[Mailman-Users] New Mailman lists - inform users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 14 17:30:38 EDT 2016

On 04/14/2016 01:43 PM, Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:

> Therefore it would be helpful if we could mass-mail the same "welcome"-message which is usually sent to new subscribers.
>
> What are our possibilities here? Or can all subscribers ask themselves for such a message?

See the script at <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/get_welcome>
(mirrored at <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/get_welcome>. It
only does one user at a time, but ou could do something like:

#~/bin/bash
for list in `mailman/bin/list_lists --bare`; do
    for user in `mailman/bin/list_members $list`; do
        mailman/bin/get_welcome --mail $list $user
    done
done