[Mailman-Users] implicit destination

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 13 11:07:53 EDT 2016

On 4/13/16 7:30 AM, Larry Turnbull wrote:

> On one of my mailman lists a subscriber's messages keeps getting held for
> moderator approval with the implicit destination error.

This occurs because the list is not explicitly addressed in a To: or Cc:
header of the post. E.g., the post is sent as a Bcc: to the list.The
real question is why is this one person sending to the list this way?

> I went in to the privacy recipient settings and set the ceiling to 0.

That's the one setting on the page that doesn't affect this. You can
stop all implicit destination holds by setting
require_explicit_destination to No.

Also, if posts sent to a different address are relayed to the list, you
can add the different address to acceptable_aliases to avoid an implicit
destination hold for posts relayed from that address.