[Mailman-Users] Yahoo extends DMARC p=reject to other domains

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 9 16:04:57 EDT 2016

On 04/09/2016 11:56 AM, Cedric Knight wrote:
> On 23/05/15 22:45, Allan Hansen wrote:
>> I have waited almost a year for AOL and Yahoo to admit that they
>> messed up and to remove their DMARC policy.
>
> Me too.  Sadly, Yahoo has recently (28 March) compounded their mess,
> probably necessitating an update to workarounds on some Mailman
> installations.

This should have no effect on Mailman 2.1.18+ installations since the
deprecated 'from_is_list' mitigations apply to all list mail and the
recommended 'dmarc_moderation_action' mitigations already check the
From: domain's DMARC policy.

There is one bug at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1549420>
that is fixed in 2.1.21. Prior to that, if a message was From: a
subdomain of an 'organizational domain' and the subdomain didn't publish
a DMARC policy, the organizational domain wasn't checked for
dmarc_moderation_action. Beginning in 2.1.21 it is checked.