[Mailman-Users] Too much rejects from gmail.com recipient

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 1 11:55:35 EDT 2016

On 04/01/2016 07:53 AM, Hedy Dargère wrote:

> A user on one of my hosted mailing lists just received a message which
> said he must confirm is registration, after too much rejects, before
> cancellation of his registration.
> He has a gmail mailbox (I don't know if it's matter).
> And maybe it is not alone :(

Are you saying this was a notice that his subscription was disabled due
to bounces. Check Mailman's bounce log for information (grep the bounce
logs for the users address).

If it is a warning because his subscription was disabled by bounce,
check your MTA logs for possible bounce reasons.

Also, it is good to turn on the bounce processing notices, particularly
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable, so that thi lis owner gets a copy of the
bounce DSN that caused the disable.

> I don't have DKIM authentification on the mailman server, and I don't
> know if it's possible to set it up.

It is possible. I have set up opendkim to sign list mail on at least
three servers. Get opendkim from <http://www.opendkim.org/> or your
package manager. The README in the distribution has a section on
configuring for mailing lists.