[Mailman-Users] Admin Approval Emails Not Sent

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 11 06:02:11 CEST 2015

On 09/10/2015 08:39 PM, DT wrote:
> Nothing in the logs on davidtodd.info <http://davidtodd.info> indicate
> that it came back.  Unfortunately, HostRocket doesn't allow shared users
> access to any of the system logs other than apache, so I can't easily
> check to see if they received it and discarded it.  I'll submit a
> trouble ticket to see if I can get access.

This message says they received and accepted it.

> Sep  9 14:41:51 davidtodd postfix/smtp[9602]: 79FF9C0727: to=<wort-owner at wort.org>, relay=mailroom5.hostrocket.com[66.147.229.200]:25, delay=6.2, delays=0.02/0.01/5.4/0.73, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1ZZkJb-0003U2-Lm)

They responded to the SMTP delivery with (250 OK id=1ZZkJb-0003U2-Lm)
which means they accepted it at SMTP time. Ask them what happened to
this message that they received at Sep  9 14:41:51 with their smtp id
1ZZkJb-0003U2-Lm because it was supposed to be relayed back to
wort-owner at davidtodd.info and never arrived.

You might be better off teaching your postfix to deliver Mailman mail
directly rather that relaying it through hostrocket.

Given that you said earlier that mail you send directly to
wort-owner at wort.org does get properly delivered as does the daily
summary, I suspect that hostrocket for some reason thinks the immediate
notice is spam and just tosses it.