[Mailman-Users] strange postings to non-existant lists

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Tue Sep 8 19:22:47 CEST 2015

Bruce Harrison wrote:

>Interesting, I may give SpamAssassin a look.  Thanks!

One thing here which I forgot is if your machine is not receiving mail directly, you may have less luck with SpamAssassin due to the mail always coming in from a downstream server.  It is easy to overcome but needs more configuration.

>Mine are almost always mail to invalid lists.

Are these lists which used to exist, or just random addresses on the system?

>My box talks to our local mail processor, which in turn runs off-campus thru the MS filters/scanners and on out.

It's incoming mail we're interested in here, does that get handled directly or via filtering machines to?

Andrew.