[Mailman-Users] strange postings to non-existant lists

Bruce Harrison harrison at utm.edu
Tue Sep 8 15:43:41 CEST 2015

For the last month or two, I get anywhere from 3 or 4 to 20 to 30 postings to non-existent lists on our mailman server.  I've been reading of course about the subscribe spamming that folks have been talking about.
Is this just someone poking at our mailman machine trying to find something to send spam to, or something more sinister?  We use Microsoft filtering for spam, viruses, etc. so all mail I see comes from one of their servers.
It's not causing any problems, but just strange to me.

Comments?

Bruce Harrison
Univ. of Tennessee at Maritn