[Mailman-Users] Fwd: BCC and bounces

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Sep 7 18:01:58 CEST 2015

Please make sure the list is Cc'ed (use Reply to All).

Borja Riesgo Juan writes:

 > Sorry stpehen. Than you but i don´t find *personalize* messages ni full
 > personalization in my adminsitrative interface. i have this option "Header
 > added to mail sent to regular list members" bu ti think it´s not the
 > correct one.

No, that's not the right one.

I guess your system is not set up to permit personalized delivery.  To
enable it, you need to add

OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes

to the mm_cfg.py configuration file.  Unfortunately, it sounds like
you are using a cheap shared host for your domain, and it's probable
that you don't have access to that file and your ISP won't make this
change for you (it can put a lot of pressure on their mail server).

In that case, there's really nothing you can do to get Mailman to send
mail that appears to be addressed "To: One Recipient" -- it's just
against your ISP's rules.  But try asking your ISP.

If not, the best you can do is use Mailman as a mailing list manager,
and hope people don't mind.