[Mailman-Users] integrating htdig with cpanel mailman

Jason Fayre jason at fayre.me
Tue Sep 1 21:32:32 CEST 2015

Hello,
I'm attempting to get Mailman 2.1.20 working with htdig.
I've installed the htdig patch for this version of Mailman from Mark's site.
When I run a search from the archive pages, I get a blank page.
I've seen others asking this, but have never seen a solution.
I think I may have had this working a few years ago, but don't remember what
I did to fix it. It broke when cpanel updated mailman.
When I try running the mmsearch script by itself, I get the following error,
which is expected as I under stand it:
htdig Archives Access Failure
CGI problem. -5-Field count -4- fields:
If you want to make another attempt to access a list archive then go via the
list users information page.

If this problem persists then please e-mail the following information to the
mailman at nfbnet.org:
    Referer not known
    /mailman/mmsearch/blparent_nfbnet.org

Running the htsearch command by itself doesn't yield any results with a
keyword and the short format.
The version of htdig is 3.2.0b6. I noticed that there are patched versions
of rundig and the nightly scripts on the patch site, but don't know if that
applies to newer patches or not.

Any help would be appreciated.