[Mailman-Users] changing domains on Mailman implementation

Keith Seyffarth weif at weif.net
Thu Oct 29 12:35:21 EDT 2015

Is there an efficient way to change the domain name that mailman is
affiliated with?

I have two mailing lists that were created for an organization before
that organization had their own domain. At the time the organization was
sure they did not want their own domain and would not be getting a
domain.

Since then, they have chosen to get a domain and set up a web site.

I would like to move their mailing lists onto their domain. It looks
like the process for this is:
1) get the list of subscribers
2) delete the mailing list from the one domain (losing the archives)
3) create the mailing list on the new domain
4) subscribe the list of subscribers

This process doesn't seem too difficult, but I would prefer to keep the
archives, if possible.

Both domains are on the same server, running CentOS7 and PLESK 12.5, if
that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Keith