[Mailman-Users] Mailman only deliveres inside server

Gao gao at pztop.com
Sun Oct 25 17:06:05 EDT 2015

I am having the same problem on a new build mail server. It took me a
while to figure out the solution. When mailman failed send out mail for
external domain, I got this in mailllog:

Oct 23 22:22:15 zeta postfix/smtpd[5288]: connect from localhost[::1]
Oct 23 22:22:15 zeta postfix/smtpd[5288]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
localhost[::1]: 454 4.7.1 <someone at gmail.com>: Relay access denied;
from=<mailman-bounces at mydomain.com> to=<someone at gmail.com> proto=ESMTP
helo=<zeta.mydomain.com>
Oct 23 22:22:15 zeta postfix/smtpd[5288]: disconnect from localhost[::1]

I turned on debug for postfix then it show me that it is mynetwork seems
not includles localhost. So I changed my main.cf:
mynetworks = 192.168.1.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8 localhost

After this the problem is gone and mail send out as before.

Not sure if this helps your case.

Gao