[Mailman-Users] Some subscriber's e-mail adresses contains linebreak unicode character ​

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 21 06:09:39 CEST 2015

On 10/20/2015 08:29 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Mark may have a patch to filter these at subscription time and/or a
> withlist script to remove them shortly.

As I said in another reply, MM >= 2.1.15 will not allow these addresses
to be subscribed. With MM >= 2.1.15, the pipe

bin/list_members -i <listname> | bin/remove_members -f - <listname>

may remove them from <listname>, but it may not because stripping of
leading and trailing whitespace in remove_members may remove the
offending character. There is also a script at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/remove_bad_address.py> that should work
in any case.