[Mailman-Users] Spam/DKIM issues

Marc Bourgeois marc at kprod.net
Mon Oct 19 11:24:58 CEST 2015

Thanks for replying

>  > I'm trying to build a few mailing list with mailman.
>  > I've got some trouble with spam/dkim
>
> It's not a Mailman problem as far as I can see.  Mailman doesn't
> produce DKIM signatures ever: that's for the MTA to do.
>
> got it :)

> It would help if you explain what the specific symptoms of "trouble"
> are.

When someone write to the list, the relayed mail to other users is
considered as spam in their mailboxes (gmail for instance)

It seems that directly sent mails from mailman, signed with dkim, pass spam
filters

>  > I'm experiencing some difficulties to understand how mailman process
>  > outgoing mail with a valid DKIM header.
>
> It does (almost) nothing.  If incoming mail contains a DKIM-Signature
> field, it unfolds a multiline header into one line (this is done for
> all header fields), and then if REMOVE_DKIM_HEADERS is yes, it removes
> the field entirely.  On the way back out it simply folds it again (I
> believe this should result in exactly the same header field as
> received).  Mailman-generated messages do not have a DKIM signature;
> that is the job of the MTA.

Ok, got it.

I was trying to sign with dkim outgoing relayed mail to avoid spam filters.
Apparently this is not a solution

>  > When a mailing list user send a mail through my list, sometimes
>  > header are filled with a X-Google-DKIM-Signature (depend on sender,
>  > gmail/google app domain...)
>
> Something other than Mailman (possibly your local MTA or MUA) is doing
> that.
>

>  > but no sign of my original DKIM-Signature
>
> What system and mail user agent are you looking at this mail that you
> expect to contain a DKIM-Signature field?  What original
> DKIM-Signature are you talking about?  Ie, why do you expect there to
> be an "original" signature by you?
>
>  > opendkim[1507]: 19D41278A1A5: no signing table match for '
> kemkem42 at gmail.com'
>
> I guess that is a DKIM authentication failure.  This is happening in
> the MTA (Postfix), not in Mailman.
>
>  > Can someone help me with this ?
>
> The Postfix lists are your best resource.

> You may have luck with somebody here knowing about Postfix, too, but
> that's not me.  Sorry. :-(

Thanks !