[Mailman-Users] Formatting problems with AOL subscribers

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Oct 14 03:42:22 CEST 2015

Hi,

I run an announcement-only mailing list with mailman, and some of my
subscribers are having problems with the formatting of the text.
Specifically AOL users.

What I'm sending is plain text with hard end-of-lines, and blank lines
between paragraphs (rather like this email itself). The emails look as
intended in my mail clients (Thunderbird and mutt), and in the web
archive:

http://www.pearwood.info/pipermail/wossname/2015/000028.html

but AOL users say that they get a single block of text with no
paragraphs. I'm not sure if that means that it just lacks the blank
lines between paragraphs, or if it means that the entire post is
converted to a single paragraph.

Has anyone else come across this? Do you know what is going on and is
there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

--
Steve