[Mailman-Users] mailman cgi error after server restart

Kai Liu kliu.gis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 04:25:23 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

My server is Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4. I installed mailman
2.1.3 and postfix. It has worked for 4 years. Yesterday I restarted the
server, but found I can not go to thehttp://MyDomain/mailman/create
<http://mydomain/mailman/create> page. It shows the following error:

Mailman CGI error!!!

The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:

Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI
wrapper script to be executed as group "daemon", but
the system's web server executed the CGI script as
group "apache".  Try tweaking the web server to run the
script as group "daemon", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-cgi-gid=apache'.

1) it says I could re-run configure, but I have run this about 4 years and
have many mail list. If I re-run configure, will I lose some data?

2) How to run the postfix as group "daemon"?

This question is also available at:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32982074/mailman-cgi-error-after-server-restart
--

Kai Liu