[Mailman-Users] Hyperkitty / Postorius / Apache web access error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 6 20:35:23 CEST 2015

On 10/05/2015 12:02 PM, fsantiago at garbage-juice.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm setting up Mailman3 based on the hyperkitty-el.repo.
>
> I believe I've setup my config files but my apache logs continue reading
> access errors:
>
> client denied by server configuration:
> /etc/hyperkitty/sites/default/wsgi.py
>
> or
>
> client denied by server configuration:
> /etc/postorius/sites/default/srv/postorius.wsgi
>

> What am I missing and/or where should I be looking? Thanks.

This may be the Apache 2.2 -> 2.4 issue. In Apache 2.2 and earlier
access was granted to a resource (directory, etc.) for anyone via
something like

    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all

In Apache 2.4, you need instead

    Require all granted

Note that questions about Mailman 3 and particularly Postorius and
Hyperkitty are better posted to the mailman-developers at python.org list
join that list if you are not already a member and post there.

We will soon have a mailman3-users at mailman3.org list (running on MM 3 of
course), but there are still infrastructure issues to work out before
that list will be operational.