[Mailman-Users] Problems on mailman3 installation via mailman-bundler

Take take at nerd.fi
Thu Oct 1 20:39:46 CEST 2015

On 09/29/2015 08:28 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> No. The address which is the problem is the sender address of the post
> that is being held. Mailman is attempting to notify the poster that her
> post is being held for moderation and the poster's address appears to be
> invalid. This is normally the address in the From: header of the post,
> but can be another address depending on the message itself and the
> [mailman] -> sender_headers configuration.

I'll verify this again, however I'm suspecting that this is a some sort
of bug in mailman configuration, since the domain I'm using for testing
is dedicated to mailman and (as far as I can understand) mailman should
take care of it's own email addresses automatically.

I tried to browse trough the code, but I'm not that competent with
python that I could see any problems immediately. However I'll try to
debug this problem further now since I have atleast some clue about
where to look from.

> The debug information is the traceback from the 'error' log which you
> post above. I'm not completely sure about MM 3, but in MM 2.1 in order
> to write anything to a debug log, you actually have to insert the
> logging calls in the code.

As I browsed trough the code I saw calls to function log.debug(), which
suggested to me that there should be atleast something on the debug log,
but since the documentation (atleast the ones I have found) for mailman3
are shallow at best I couldn't confirm if there's any configuration
options to specifically enable debugging.

> Questions about Mailman 3 are better posted to the
> mailman-developers at python.org list
> join that list if you are not already a member and post there.

I assumed that user-list is for stable releases, which mailman3 has been
for couple of months now, but I'll subscribe to developers list as well
and post results from my debugging to there. Thank you for your time, I
really appreciate it.

--
Take