[Mailman-Users] Readonly admin access

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 13 01:53:44 EST 2015

On November 13, 2015 1:00:27 AM GMT+01:00, Peter Shute <pshute at nuw.org.au> wrote:
>On our list, several of the moderators have admin access so that we can
>add and remove members. Has it ever been considered to add a third type
>of user who can perform those tasks without being able to modify the
>list configuration? I assume there isn't already a way to achieve this?

Correct. You could develop your own web page to invoke Mailman's add_members and remove_members scripts and authenticate however you like, but the standard admin ui is all or nothing.

>A related idea is to have mailman keep a log of configuration changes
>so that's it's easy to see when and what changes have been made.

That won't happen in MM 2.1.x.

--
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
Sent from my Not_an_iThing with standards compliant, open source software.