[Mailman-Users] Another anomaly? Header is not showing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 5 16:41:22 EST 2015

On 11/05/2015 11:36 AM, am via Mailman-Users wrote:
> In the mailing list setup (v.2.1.20) there is a section in non-digest to
> add Header info: msg_header Option
>
> I used it in the hopes that I can put something at the top of EVERY
> message.
>
> But nothing appears in the messages - neither header nor does the footer
> show up.

There are two possibilities.

1) You are looking at a message that didn't come from the list. See my
reply in another thread at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2015-November/080068.html>.

2) The msg_header and msg_footer are there as separate MIME parts
because the post after any content filtering was not a simple text/plain
message and your MUA is not showing them to you. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/4030707>.