[Mailman-Users] X-Spam-Score: 22.4 and still sent out to the list...

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri May 29 18:28:05 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:43:20AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Adam McGreggor
> <adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Drop/Discard/Reject mails at SMTP time, before they hit Mailman?
>
> Right, but it seems like James is saying Exim4 isn't doing that.

If the mails are being scored (which was mentioned), then I would be
inclined to deal with those before they're accepted -- let alone
before they get to Exim's handling (routing) for Mailman.

> but for the life of me couldn't find the setting where it holds
> messages with X-Spam-Score with spam or unsure values. (We use
> SpamBayes on mail.python.org.) I know it's there somewhere, but I can
> never find such nuggets.

I have a couple of ACLS (for check_message): the 'magic' I use is

    condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{60}{1}{0}}

(A SpamAssassin score >6)

For drop/discard/reject, maybe see

    https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20090116.101052.18c04deb.en.html

In my view (but "your mailsystem, your rules"), "high" scored Spam
shouldn't be accepted; so score it, and deal with it at SMTP time;
deal with the others once accepted.

--
War is Peace   Freedom is Slavery   Ignorance is Strength
    1984