[Mailman-Users] Default domain email not work

EyeLand ournet.biz at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:09:08 CEST 2015

> On 05/27/2015 12:35 AM, EyeLand wrote:
> >
> > 1) I want to receive mails to mailman at list.ournet.biz
> > because subscribers view that email on
> > info page http://r.ournet.biz/1Hue3k5
>

> Yes, I understand. This is a situation that is not straightforward to
> deal with in installations with lists in multiple virtual domains. The
> mailman at domain address is displayed on admin and listinfo overviews with
> a domain based on the 'host' of the URL of the page which means ideally,
> the 'mailman' address should work in all supported domains, but
> Mailman's integration with Postfix doesn't do that.
>
> Thinking about it, I have decided this is a bug. See
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1459236>.
>

> > 2) today Mailman change file /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman
> >
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/eyeland/5f2017044013cd94ffe2/raw/907d4860807af00076acc4e6d3e96fd3ff587e1a/gistfile1.txt
> > and I not see now on file mailman at list.mobilier.md
> > <mailto:mailman at list.mobilier.md> anyway that mail work fine
>
> It looks like you ran bin/genaliases and before doing so, you changed
> the host_name attribute of the 'mailman' list so it is no longer either
> list.ournet.biz or list.mobilier.md.
>

> > 3) I test again mailman at list.mobilier.md, mailman at vps1.ournet.biz,
> > mailman at list.ournet.biz
> > and mails to mailman at list.mobilier.md
> > and mailman at vps1.ournet.biz
> > was redirect to mailman at vps1.ournet.biz
> > control panel Mailman
> > http://vps1.ournet.biz/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/mailman, but mail sent to
> > mailman at list.ournet.biz generate error
> >
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/eyeland/172404219786ce7902fc/raw/5f52e7fb432d332265086e6581a7ed3ec530d1b5/gistfile1.txt
>

> The real question here is how is mail to mailman at list.mobilier.md being
> delivered. I suspect that address is in a virtual mapping somewhere.
> Your postconf -n shows
>
> virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman,
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf,
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
>
> Since you apparently ran genaliases and mailman at list.mobilier.md is not
> in your transport maps, it also isn't in
> /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman, but it may still be in
> /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db because your postfix map
> command doesn't update it.
>
> This then again raises the question of why you are doing all the
> transport maps stuff at all when the straightforward virtual_alias_maps
> will apparently work
>

> > 4) I create mailman lists on control panel ISPconfig, maybe the problem
> > is on another place?
>

> If you are dealing with control panels, you should take those issues to
> the people who provide them.
>
> I will fix the bug at
> <<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1459236>> and provide a patch
> here when I do.
>
> --

Maybe these files help for solve the bug

/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/eyeland/c4095804712e4af3f892/raw/88c951b3a0bdda63253e45bc1fd0af6cc7c59615/gistfile1.txt

/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/eyeland/3e8f1ff2c848a6d78783/raw/ee9cd2539cc9641ac2bc66b0b578188129e38c65/gistfile1.txt

/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/eyeland/b483b0c0246fe8c2e3bd/raw/ed3ead3b056588ee8415ed03103741d90fa5e01a/gistfile1.txt

that is right on file /var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman.db I found
mailman at list.mobilier.md