[Mailman-Users] getting count of users

Smith, David drsmith at fsu.edu
Thu May 21 17:47:03 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

I've written a little script to give me output of the following from any or all listservs we manage.  Listname, Last Activity, List Creation Date, Anonymous List, Admins
I'd like to add a count of users into the mix, but just cannot seem to get my head around it.

Here is my script :
"""Display the last post time for a list or all lists.

Save as bin/FSU_listCheck.py

Run via

    bin/withlist -r FSU_listCheck listname

or

    bin/withlist -a -r FSU_listCheck

to do all lists.
"""

import time

def FSU_listCheck(mlist):
    #This process outputs the following : listname, Last Activity, List Creation Date, Anonymous List, Admins
    print '%s; %s; %s; %s; %s' % (
        mlist.real_name,
       time.strftime('%Y/%m/%d %I:%M %p',time.localtime(mlist.last_post_time)),
        time.strftime('%Y/%m/%d %I:%M %p',time.localtime(mlist.created_at)),
        mlist.advertised,
        mlist.owner
        )

I am sure it's some sort of mlist.usernames and then maybe using a cmd= 'wc -l' , but I cannot get it to jibe..  any help?

Thanks!

Dave Smith                                                         drsmith at fsu.edu<mailto:drsmith at fsu.edu>                            (850)645-8024
Linux Administrators                                      its-unixadmins at fsu.edu<mailto:its-unixadmins at fsu.edu>              (850)644-2591
Information Technology Services             Florida State University