[Mailman-Users] Importing from 2.1.12-18.el6 to 2.1.15-17.el7

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 15 18:41:12 CEST 2015

On 05/15/2015 06:53 AM, Dean Collins wrote:
> Hello, everyone. Will "config_list -I" work to import settings from version 2.1.12-18 to 2.1.15-17?

Yes it will, but if you're actually moving a list as opposed to just
using its settings, you can just move the lists/LISTNAME/config.pck file
and that works too as long as it's an upgrade (from older Mailman to
newer). Mailman detects that the config.pck is old and upgrades it
automatically. Actually, some downgrades will work too, but it's
trickier and depends on the exact from and to versions.