[Mailman-Users] Problem with Postfix

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 12 18:37:54 CEST 2015

On 05/11/2015 07:38 PM, Eric Lamer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    When I am sending mail to my mailman server I get this error:
>

> Remote Server returned '< #5.3.0 x-unix; Group mismatch error. Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as group "nobody". Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run configure, providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=nobody'.>'
> Any idea how to fix it?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030645>.

Note that with Postfix, the pipe to the mail wrapper will be executed as
the user that owns the aliases.db file in which the alias is found.

If you have Mailman/Postfix integration configured this will be
/path/to/mailman/data/aliases.db which chould be owned by 'mailman'.