[Mailman-Users] Disable any notifications after user subscibes via LISTNAME-join at DOMAIN?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Mar 25 23:53:39 CET 2015

On 03/25/2015 03:46 AM, Danijel Domazet wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
>
> I tried to patch it with:
> self.respond = False
> but that didn't work.

Where did you put that line?

> Then I also tried to add immediate return from send_response, like so:
>
> def send_response(self):
>         return
>         # Helper
>         def indent(lines):
>             return ['    ' + line for line in lines]
>         # Quick exit for some commands which don't need a response
>         if not self.respond:
>             return
>

> but that also didn't help.
> I regenerated pyc and pyo files too.

Two things: 1) regenerating .py[co] files is not necessary. Upon import
of a module, python will see the .py is newer and load and compile it
and if it has permission, write the .py[co] file it will use the next time.

2) More importantly, did you restart Mailman after making the changes?
You must do this. The qrunners are persistent processes and will not
reload any previously loaded modules unless Mailman is restarted.

In general, if you change any .py file in Mailman/ or subordinates
except Mailman/Cgi/, you must restart Mailman for the change to be
effective. Mailman/Cgi/ is an exception because what's there is only
used by web CGI processes which are not persistent.

It's also necessary to restart Mailman if you change any templates/
files having to do with the pipermail archive because ArchRunner keeps a
cache of templates.