[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Mar 25 01:06:56 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 10:22:24AM +1100, Peter Shute wrote:
> Do we really need anything more than the ability to bold and
> underline?

Butterick (and I agree entirely with him here) is against underlining:

    http://practicaltypography.com/underlining.html

> I'd be happy with some of the basic Structured Text
> formatting commands

Generally speaking, if I'm writing a long mail, I'll use Markdown. A
few readers will stylize it; but as observed, it looks fine as is.

--
"all the succession and repetition of massed humanity ... Those vile
 bodies"