[Mailman-Users] Scrubbing html

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 24 22:34:31 CET 2015

On 03/24/2015 01:33 PM, Nancy Cullen wrote:
> Hi, hoping someone can help me with settings. The group that I am
> listkeeper for just recently started
> allowing html but our digest still shows this message at the end of each
> post:
>
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

And there will be a link to the HTML escaped part in the list's
archives. This is in the plain text format digest. The MIME format
digest will contain the message as it was sent from the list to regular
members.

There is no way to include HTML as HTML in a plain text digest, and
including it as text is not useful and just makes the digest hard to read.

Unset 'plain' for your list's digest members and set Digest options ->
mime_is_default_digest to MIME, and then those users with MUAs that
don't render the MIME digest appropriately will have to switch back to
plain and not see the HTML except in the archive.