[Mailman-Users] virtual domain confusion

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 24 22:25:16 CET 2015

On 03/24/2015 11:55 AM, David Benfell wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out virtual domains with mailman (and, yes,
> postfix). I have added
>
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['humansci.org']
>
> to my mm_cfg.py

You probable also need

add_virtualhost('www.humansci.org', 'humansci.org')

in mm_cfg.py (assuming www.humansci.org is the web domain and
humansci.org is the email domain).

> But when I go to my administration page, I see no option to create a
> list under that domain. How is this supposed to be done?

Go to http://www.humansci.org/mailman/create or whatever the appropriate
path is for Mailman CGIs in your installation with the web domain of
this host and create the list, or use bin/newlist with
--urlhost=www.humansci.org.