[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Mar 23 19:58:37 CET 2015

On 03/23/2015 11:44 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> I haven't dealt with MIME-format digests from MM for quite a while.  I
> assume that these are functionally attachments with a MIME type of
> message/rfc822, yes?

Yes. The MIME type of the digest part is multipart/digest. The
individual messages are message/rfc822 sub-parts.

The overall message is multipart/mixed with maybe a text/plain part for
digest_header, two text/plain parts for the boiler plate and the TOC,
the multipart/digest part and maybe a text/plain part for digest_footer.