[Mailman-Users] The "right" way to reply to a mailing list

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Fri Mar 20 14:57:20 CET 2015

Sent from the Dehut/Haisley iPad
email <household at fmp.com>

> On Mar 20, 2015, at 12:29 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
>
> Lindsay Haisley writes:
>
>> As far as editing, top posting, bottom posting, etc. it's just a matter
>> of using good sense.
>
> This list strongly prefers interlinear posting (posting
> below the relevant paragraph) if you reply to more than one point at a
> time.

Which generally makes the best sense of all, to me at least.  I do have one friend who finds this to be confusing, however.

I never quite understood all the fuss about top posting.  The reason behind quoting in the first place is to provide context for a reply, but some MUAs make it very difficult to not top post.